Monday, February 20, 2006

It's been 3 weeks since I shaved last. I must say, there's a certain a sense of joy and accomplishment in me as I look into the mirror every morning. I'm happy because I have finally come to realise that I am capable of flaunting a decent amount of facial hair and, the fact that I have managed to stick to my plan of growing a beard leaves me with a sense of accomplishment. It's no mean acheivement on my part especially since im not a natural at sticking to plans.

In the past 23 years several plans have been made but a pathetic few have been stuck to. Roughly six months after I was born I once planned to let my mother know that it was time for my next trip to the loo. But just when I was about to tell her, I was distracted by an annoying relative who scared me with his version of peek-a-boo. My plan went for a toss and I don't remember now whether I subsequenly cried because I wanted to go, or because the relative scared me. I planned to tell the person to not go anywhere near infants after I grew up a little, but of course that never happened. At roughly 10 I planned to become the greatest cricketer India ever produced, but somewhere down the line, guess what happened. I changed plans. Two weeks ago I planned to get ahead of class in my econometrics course and start of with a research paper that we have to submit. The next 2 weeks were spent playing a stupid (coming to think of it, a not so stupid) game on my computer everytime I got online with an eye on research. I'll stick to econometrics and tell you that the above examples are only part of a sample set.

In light of my horrendous track record in sticking to plans, my plan to grow a beard has been exceptionally successful. If you still don't feel my sense of joy and accomplishment, I pity you.

No comments: